The chateau des Arpentis was at one point a fief and une Seigneurie of Amboise. It was built on the village of Saint-Regle, an old fief of chateau d’Amboise, not far from the Lamasse stream.
The location of the village is remarkable, not far from la cite Royale d’Amboise, which is located in the heart of Touraine, in between Tours and Blois.
The first well-known lord was Christophe Thomas in 1313. Around 1410, the chateau became the property of Jean du Bois, majordomo of the Duke of Guise.